ad 1

Super Eagles Coach May Dump Nigeria With Or Without Qualifying For AFCON 2015


[trends naija blog]
 
As Nigeria prepares for the do-or-die cracker against the Red Devils of Congo on Saturday, the coach, Stephen Keshi has spoken out in terms of his stay with the national team
Keshi who is yet to be offered a new contract since the Brazil 2014 World Cup ended is not perplexed with the state of uncertainty in his job
He said he is focused on the task at hand and hinted that he may and may not leave the Super Eagles after the qualification phase

Speaking to journalists on Wednesday, Keshi, 52, said: "I don't think it is proper to say my fate is tied to this (Nigeria) job. My concern right now is the game against Congo, and not whether I will still be in charge of this team after the match against Congo or South Africa.
"I think you all need to stop this because my destiny is not tied to Nigeria. I came from somewhere (to take up the Nigeria job). It is wrong to say my destiny is tied here because this country is bigger than any individual. If I am not the Super Eagles head coach today, my life will still go on. Also there are other places where I can go if I stopped being the coach of this country.
"But right now, I have a job to do and that is to ensure that the team qualifies the country for the Nations Cup. God forbid if we don't qualify what will happen? It will not only affect Stephen Keshi, it will also affect you and every other Nigerian who love this sport. So I think this is not about Stephen Keshi but about Nigeria. All I want from my countrymen is to pray for the team and not me because I am just one man."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...